Natural Stone floors are extremely durable and long lasting. They can also provide a rustic look to your home or business. Some contractors decide to coat floors like this with epoxy to make them even more durable.
Don’t worry, we’ll go into the different natural stone options if you care to learn. First, natural stone can be a remarkably hard wearing material as an outcome of the geological processes, the thousands of years of compression.
The unique images that natural stone can generate are notable, bringing a strong identity to interior spaces of all description. The key step is to ensure that the representation of natural stone provides a true sample of what the final product will look like.
By looking at range/control representation is one key factor in this. It will provide the variety of earthly features typically originated within the bed of stone as opposed to the small snapshot you would find in a single indicative sample piece.
This aids in avoiding confusion on to what will be the final look of whether for flooring, wall design or as a countertop. However, it is important to be mindful of that this is a natural product, and each stone will have its own identity: an individual unique feature.
Pros of Using Natural Stone Flooring
Why can natural stone flooring be a good choice? There are many aesthetic and practical reasons:
- Making every flooring application one of a kind since each piece of stone is a unique creation of the earth. Every floor is absolutely one of a kind.
- The tiles themselves are natural, nonpolluting, Eco-friendly pieces even if there are a few debates about the ecological impact of quarrying and transporting stone materials. It can cut down on the environmental impact of transport if buying stones were obtained locally.
- It can provide living spaces a direct and eternal connection to the natural world, compared to any other building material for the mountain-essential qualities of the stone.
Any good epoxy floor coating company in Jacksonville can help you with a project like this.
Cons of Using Natural Stone Flooring
There is also some downside to use of natural stone:
- Natural stone is quite permeable and requires treatment with a sealing agent from time to time in order to protect its surface but with the exception of granite and some slate.
- A number of polished materials like marble can abrade easily.
- There are stones that are very brittle and will easily chip.
It is essential to do your research and understand the characteristics of the material you are buying when purchasing natural stone flooring materials. Better check whether it is suitable for your specific application and how much maintenance it will need. Before you make a purchase, inquire your retailer several questions, and get to know the material as much as you can.